Tuesday 18 October 2011

Introducing 'Jim'.....!!

Last Friday I took a class with the most fabulous Lynne Perrella . A most wonderful time was had by all, and it was great to be able to watch one of my favourite artists in action. Lots of ideas and inspiration !!!
I must admit though, I did start to flag after a few hours, clearly I have no creative stamina! Those hardy souls who were there for the whole three day extravaganza have my admiration........
My finished triptych didn't look much like everyone elses.... I had to decide whether to go for the full on busy stencil look, or do my own thing somewhat. Whilst the others all looked fab, I'm a lover of a little empty space on a piece, so decided to create more in my own comfort zone. I would imagine that is not really the idea of going to a class, but I love my finished piece!
Now.....why Jim? Well, once the face and stencilled flowers had been added to my central panel, all I could see when I looked at it was Jim Morrison! I think it was reminding me of a Doors album cover or something. Once finished, it doesn't look quite as Jim-like, but the name kind of stuck.
Here it is in all its glory.....
Some detailed bits.....the dragonfly is made from 4 layers, three tissue and one clear packaging. Sewn together with twine and accent beads added.
I also made a layered flower by painting and stamping pre-made blank flower embellishments. I then put a  stamped bird on the top.....
I painted up a die cut grunge paper bobbly thing (branch? tree?), and added more red accent beads.....

 More Grunge flourishes were added to 'Jims' head.......


 I may add a few more red paint accents here and there, haven't decided!


A fabulous class!
Trish xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx