Monday 24 September 2012

Denim Smile....

What a strange post title! Well no, not really......what with me being a literal sort of person, I'm just pointing out the obvious...a smile made from denim!!!
I'm playing along with the CR84FN colour challenge, the current request is that we use Denim, Tan and Brown in our creations! I kind of went a bit literal with that too...and used actual denim not just the colour!
The base is a 20 by 20 cm piece of kraft card, sprayed and splatted to give a bit of texture. i added some corrugated and embossed card too...
I made the large flower by glueing a piece of denim fabric to some Clearly For Art modelling film. Once dry, I die cut some flowers from it. Once heated, the warm plastic can be shaped. I gently rolled and bent the petals ( be careful, the plastic gets hot!), and held them in position until the plastic had cooled. At this point the cold plastic will hold the shape! If you hate it, simply reheat and have another go.....
I also glued some denim to chipboard, and die cut some letters to form the word 'smile'....
The final touches were some rolled roses and fringed flowers, both with added denim ink and frayed jeans distress stickles!
A pearly embellishment got the stickles treatment too.....
Really enjoyed making this, lots of different textures to play with, and messy too! My kind of project!
Love Trish xxxx





8 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece Trish - your denim flower is fab, and the splatters, corrugated card and fab distressing really tick all my boxes - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this, I really LOVE!!! Had some of the "Clearly for art" stuff for ages and not yet had a chance to play - will put that right tomorow!!! Brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, i LOVE that you used actual denim! Your flower is AMAZING and this creation truly made me SMILE! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project Trish! I LOVE all the texture and the stunning denim flower! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh Trish, I love this project and it does make me smile! Love the denim flower and word and it goes so well with the Kraft, really love all the splatters too. A gorgeous result. A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I love the splats and rolled roses, such a pretty creation!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowie!! This is Just Fabulous! Love all the Wonderful texture and Gorgeous Denim rose! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is just fabulous. Love all the detail with the spatter effect, the corrugated ribbon and real denim on the flower and sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx