Monday 8 October 2012

Always Question!

I've been playing with another colour challenge today, the CR84FN challenge hosted by Cupcakes Creations. LOVE this challenge, the colours chosen are almost always a combo that I don't normally use so I really need to get the imagination going! This week is no exception....yellow is included which is normally a 'no go' colour in my studio! That's why the challenge is so perfect.....I really like the effect I've achieved with the yellow being dominant, so will be using it more often!
 Enough waffling though, here is what I made..
Lots of yellow and pale blue for the painty background, then black stamping. I printed using the yellow, pale blue and also green as a 'zingy' accent..
I did a bit of machine stitching...
Added a quirky Zettiology image...
And a couple of chitchat words to finish...
Really like how the effect is still a bit dark and grungy but with a bit of a zesty twist!
Have a great week!
Trish xxx







9 comments:

  1. It is good to challenge yourself from time to time, especially if the end result is like this! It is fabulous, great colour combo and your (now trademark) black splats/spots are amazing on this piece. Love the stitching too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your take on the challenge. The painting, spatter and quote - just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful Trish, I like those colours alot, and you're right it has a gorgeous grungy look too. Very graffiti like. Love it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful project Trish! I love looking at your mixed media artwork! Makes me want to pull out my paint and stencils! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic.. i love the painty stampy background

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love mixed media and this is a great piece Trish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful piece of art, I bet you got very inky making this!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun piece! Who is the stamp by?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx