Thursday 7 February 2013

Love is in the air!

Morning all!
It's Thursday, so it's time for my next DT project for Creative Expressions!
I've made a dimensional canvas board to share today....
The background was created by smearing Lime, Waterfall and Orange Eco Green Paints over the canvas board. I then used a brayer very lightly with some Black paint just to tone down the bright colours and grunge it up a little! Background stamping in places....
This was done with my 'must have on hand at all times' stamps... Bubbles, Alphabet and Chicken Wire, with a little grid from the Urban Beats plate thrown in there too! As you can see, I also added big black paint splats to the background as well.
The heart (from the Hearts Entwined plate) was stamped in black onto scraps of painted card, and cut out. I added wings because the hearts just seemed to need some!
All three hearts were mounted onto wire wrapped bamboo skewers..
I toned down the shine of the coiled wire slightly by using a dab of black paint here and there. The words are just simply computer generated, then stuck on!
Have a fabulous day everyone!
Love Trish xxx




9 comments:

  1. Another great make with these stamps ? Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, this just caught my eye! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty spring colours grunged up (grunged down?) with the black brayering - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that heart. gorgeous Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas, great idea to tone the colour down a little brayering a little black paint over the top. Love the hearts . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! I so love those hearts and your background is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great canvas, very inspiring, love those colours Trish!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late in catching up this week Trish, seriously this is divine, love your "painty creations". xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx