Thursday 1 October 2015

Our Creative Corner October Challenge!

Hello!
First of the month... so time for another challenge over at Our Creative Corner!

As it is an October challenge, the theme is a little spooky!

Forget cute cats and smiling pumpkins....

we want....

For this Halloween share with us some horror inspired
 creations that are sure to send shivers down our spines.


Bring out your most grotesque stamps and embellishments....
....or perhaps take on the challenge of finding a way to transform 
pretty stamps into something macabre.
Reach for the grungiest colours and textures....
Come over to the dark side of Halloween

Can you scare us?
The fabulous sponsor this month is Nicecrane Designs

 And the prize is a very generous $20 voucher to spend in store!

I now need to apologise to Laura for not really following her theme!
I just don't do macabre horror projects, but I have used a zombie... does he count?!





I created a painty background on an MDF plaque...




Then did a little stamping and splattering with UTEE crystals..




My zombie is a Dilly Beans digi stamp (#337 Martins Heart) I printed him off onto regular printer paper, then gave him a wash of clear gesso. This meant I could colour him with watersoluble pencils without any issues!



I typed some words with my vintage typewriter, then added them to the background. A little outlining and smudgy pencil to finish off!

So.... not really horror... but a cute zombie is always good!
Don't forget to hop on over to the OCC blog where I'm sure you'll see some REAL Halloween Horror from my talented teamies! 

Trish xxx




10 comments:

  1. I like your kind of horror Trish - makes me smile. I like the happy side of Halloween better than the dark side!!! Thanks bunches for the great inspiration on the happy side!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching zombie but I would'nt like to meet him... So you did it, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Trish, your Zombie is terribly cute. I loved the colours and the different take on the dark theme. Awesome, I would totally hang your plaque up even if it wasnt Halloween. Especially since I feel like a Zombie half the time. - Candice -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of Course Zombies count, Trish!! I love this playfully horrorful plaque!! I think I'd still be wary of a zombie carrying a heart!! Is it love or dinner?! :) :) LOL!! FaBOOlous creation, Trish!! Happy October to you!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's an absolute treat! Who says scary is dark and gloomy?
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Zombies??? Love the painterly background. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't resist going to the dark side but I love your Zombie and just wish I could do this style as well! I love the colour and all those little details. I'm sure the boss won't mind at all because we all interpret things differently don't we? Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this spooky dude, Trish,

    AND the frightfully fabulous colourfulness you have put him in! Great design and so "you"!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cute Zombie. Love him! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx