Wednesday 7 September 2016

Capture the Moment!

Hello!
Today I wanted to show you one of my new WordGirl stamps, along with a step by step tutorial!
This new release (shop link in the tab at the top!) is by popular request :) My 'Dream Big' WordGirl has been popular, but people seemed to want her without her words as well... so here she is!






Now, of course you could add a decorated dress to her simply by cutting one out. I thought I would show you how to use the stamp as a stencil, to give you a flat final stamped image with no glued on bits :)

Firstly, stamp the image twice..





(I just use a glue stick to stick the bare rubber to my block!)
Next, cut out the dress of one of the images...





As I like to use wet media to colour the faces of the girls, I always give things a coat of clear gesso to seal the underlying paper/cardstock first. That way no pilling/warping or distortion will occur when water is added! So... add clear gesso to the 'whole' image...





Once this is dry, place the 'stencil' on top. As I knew the girl was going to be cut out, the surrounding area didn't matter. So, I just glued the stencil around the edges and stuck it to the bottom image!


Start to decorate the dress! I sponged on paint...





Then did a little stencilling with sequin waste...






I then selected some circles from THIS Simon Says Stamp set, and added some black stamping to the dress...





More stamping, this time with some Simon Says Stamp dots and stars...





At this point, I decided less was more, and removed the stencil!





So now you have a girl with a decorated dress!




I coloured her face and hair (tutorials for this can be found in the video tutorial link tab at the top of the page!)





And then I added her (with a tiny clay heart attatched!) to the frame!





The background is a typical Trish painty mess (again, tutorials in the tab at the top)





And it was finished off with a chipboard phrase...





I hope you like it!
I am entering this piece into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week: Stamp it!

See you soon!
Trish xxx

10 comments:

  1. I love this! Gorgeous stamp and fab tutorial. Thank you Trish! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and seeing the process on how you colored the adorable image. So pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah she's soooo sweet.....I'm holding my breath and hoping for one with a cat soon ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I stared at your project for so long that my husband thought I'd gone into a coma! But how could I not absolutely love your artwork? Your girl stamps are phenomenal and the backgrounds you create are stunning. I adore your happy aesthetic and how you bring so much texture and pattern and color into your pieces. I enjoyed seeing the creative process, too, and found this post to be total inspiration! Thank you, thank you for sharing such a magical creation with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing how you created your gorgeous girl xxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx