Thursday 23 May 2013

Aster Spool

Hello!
This weeks creation for Creative Expression again uses the fabulous Delicate Aster stamp set by Heartfelt Creations. I really think this flower set is right up there with my fave flowers of all time, four sizes and it stamps so beautifully! (and I'm not just saying that because I have to!!)
I've gone for a more edgy look this week.... none of the pretty colours this time..
I stamped the asters onto book pages and acetate before layering them together...
As you can see, I gave them a smidge of colour by splatting them with red paint!
I wrapped a wooden skewer with an old book page before twisting a little wire around it. This became the stem for my flower. I stamped the leaf onto a book page and acetate, and attached them to the stem with more wire...
The spool was an exercise in restraint for me...I really don't use these much without covering them completely with paint!!! I added a few torn book pages, wire and more splatted paint. I typed the phrase and then added it to the spool as the finishing touch...

I really like how all the design team have managed to use this set in so many different ways... check out their blogs from the sidebar here...

Have a great day.... its blowing a gale and hailstoning here in Blackpool, its a 'jumper on and turn the heating up' sort of day...its nearly June, how silly!!!!!!
Love Trish xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Absoutely love this, it works so well on the book paper.

    Im beginning to think I need this stamp lol

    By the way Hailstones here in Scotland too - roll on the Bank holiday lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, great splats of colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you about this Aster Trish, it is my all time favourite stamp and die set!! Love what you have done with it this time, fabulous effect and particularly like the touches of red

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeos gorgeos Trish, love the spool and the splashes of red, so striking. Love your use of book pages. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - how stunning, Trish! Glorious book page texture, and wonderful red accents.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes a little restraint is a good thing! I love the neutrals you've used in this with a little pop of red. This aster set is gorgeous. BTW hope the weather improves in Blackpool next week!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx