Friday 8 March 2013

Home is where the heart is!

Hello!
My project this week for Creative Expressions features the fabulous Art Houses plate from Sam Poole again, along with another fabulous 'Sam' design, the ruler background. I've called it 'home is where the heart is'.....
I cut a piece of chipboard into a heart shape, painted it white (it was a dull grey colour!), then used Festive Berries and Walnut Stain Distress stain to colour it. I swiped the stains onto a craft sheet, sprayed water over them, then smooshed the heart through the resulting inky mess. I also repeated this with a piece of cardstock, ready for use later! Once the heart was dry, I stamped it with the ruler background using Sepia Archival ink...
I edged the heart with Walnut Stain Distress ink, then set it to one side. Using the inked up cardstock I created earlier, I stamped the house twice using black ink, and also stamped the ruler background again. Both houses were cut out, then I cut the crown detail from one of them. I mounted it in the relevant place on the other house, then added Glossy Accents to give a nice depth and shine...
I created a heart using UTEE and a mould. I added a tiny bit of Barn Door reinker to the molten UTEE to give it the red colour.....
This was glued onto the house, as you can see! I stamped the word 'love' from the Art Houses plate onto a scrap of leftover inky card, and glued that on too.
I cut the longest ruler from the background, and used this almost as a street, or at least a base upon which my house can rest....

I glued my house plus all its details onto the heart, then glued the heart onto an inked up chopstick! I found these in the supermarket, and they are so useful!!! I added some dyed seam binding in two bows to complete the look....
So, I hope you like my 'home is where the heart is' assemblage!
I'll have another project next week, so please check back!
Love Trish xx



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous,love the heart you made too ...delicious! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea Trish, love the background, colour and added ribbon. Enjoy your weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Trish :) Love the heart filled red :) Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect... love the house and the heart - the ruler stamping is so cool, and the colours are just yummy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool! Like everything about it, wish I had moulds to use with UTEE. Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! And it's attached to a chop stick?! Now that's cool! Great colors too. Love that ruler stamp.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx