Thursday 1 August 2013

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot....

Hello!
it's the first of the month, so that means it's time for a new challenge over at A Little Bit Crafty!
This months theme is Summer Sun....so I have made a painty panel (quelle suprise!) in lovely hot summery colours!
As ever, I gessoed the chipboard square first, then added the colours in layers on top. Lots of stencilling, stamping and printing....
I used light turquoise as my 'pop' colour, not much, just a few printed lines and dots!
I made sure to add a line where I knew I wanted my figure to go...always a must so the figure doesn't look like its floating in mid air!
My figure is a favourite Stampotique lady....
I've left her black and white to contrast with all the zingy colour on the background...just her heart was coloured with a little red paint. The words were typed on my vintage typewriter...one of my best Ebay buys ever!!
I hope you like it!
Remember, the ALBC challenges are not just for those who use digi images! Paula really wants people who craft in all sorts of ways to join in.....so if you have a spare minute, why not join in!
Trish xxxx






5 comments:

  1. Love this Trish. Such gorgeous, warm colours and the image really looks great against them. Fab project.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stampotique gal against these hot colors! So cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous, Trish - love your sunshine colours, with that touch of aqua to cool us off!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun canvas Trish! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Sunny Stunning!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx