Wednesday 21 August 2013

Live Everyday!

Hello!
School holidays mean not much time for blogging.... so its the bare minimum from me for a few weeks now unfortunately! Three weeks to go.......
My DT piece for Creative Expressions this week is a little circular plaque...
 (It looks wonky......tilt your head a little, it's just the photo! Everything is on straight, really!)
I cut a circle of card, and created a background using green acrylic drawing ink. I drew lines of varying thickness on the card, then went over them here and there for more depth of colour. I then splatted it with water, and dried it off....
I then stamped a flourish in white paint....this isn't showing up much in the pics, but its a nice 'ghost' image under the flower in real life!
The flower is the large Aster from this set.... on of my favourite flower stamps! To make the whole thing 'pop' I added tiny dots of red paint. A small thing, but it makes all the difference!
I dyed some ribbon with the drawing ink too, then tied it through an eyelet at the top of the circle...
A Rub On phrase to finish...
These drawing inks are really cool, the fine brush lets you add plenty of detail if you need to, but there is still the option of squishing drops right out of the vial should you need more ink to play with!
Trish xx












4 comments:

  1. Looks great use of the ink! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour combo and the dots around the flower Trish. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! That flower stamp is gorgeous and the red dots make the whole thing pop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, cannot believe this is card?? Stunning colour combo & yes the red is a great addition!! :))

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx