Friday 9 August 2013

imagine peace.... Craft Stamper Blog Challenge Four!

Hello!
It's that time again folks....a new challenge has just been unveiled over at the Craft Stamper Blog!
This time, the challenge is asking us to use acetate somewhere on our projects....and here is what I have created!
A triptych based on a field of poppies....
Loads of nice texture and shine on there, and its a really simple background for once!
I crumpled up some text tissue paper, then glued it to my wooden triptych using a glue stick. I made sure to manipulate the paper to keep all the crumples! A quick wash with watered down gesso then gave it a toned down, shabby look. Smears of green and turquoise paint, then a little (and only a little!!) stamping...
Once the background was dry, I gave the whole thing a generous coat of One Step Crackle medium and left it.......
As well as the crackles, the medium gives a great gloss look to the piece too! The next step was to grunge the whole thing up. Black paint, used very sparingly, not only highlights the crackles....
It also highlights the crumples in the paper too....
I used my fingers to rub in tiny amounts of paint. If you think you've used too much, simply wipe it off with a baby wipe! Thats why I love acrylic paint....you can wipe mistakes away!
My poppies were stamped onto acetate and coloured with alcohol ink. I used heat resistant acetate, but even this can be curled slightly if you over heat it. I deliberately did this as I wanted a little movement in the petals....
Once they were glued on, I did a little printing with black paint to form the stems and foliage below, then added acetate grass! Very easy, just coloured with more alcohol ink and cut to shape!
As its acetate, it can be bent to give a more 3D effect...
Remnant Rub ons to add the wording...
I like the pop of bright red against the grunge!!!!
So.... now its over to you!
Acetate is in every crafters' stash somewhere isn't it? Why not dig it out, create something fabulous and enter the challenge!
Our sponsor this month is A Sprinkle Of Imagination....so not only could you end up being published, you could win a gift voucher too!
All the details can be found HERE...

Trish xxx












5 comments:

  1. Trish I love this it's fab!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous painty texture on the tissue, and the crackle is fab. Love those amazing poppies!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I love this or what - yes!! I definitely love this make!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx