Friday 16 December 2011

Rock Salt!

I've been digging out my bag of this to sprinkle on the doorstep as it has a nasty habit of becoming a real icy hazard ! Reminded me of a rock salt project that didn't make the final cut....this hanging was part of my series in Craft Stamper Magazine on using salt in background techniques. The long stemmed hearts have been treated to the salt soaking method (dump a load of rock salt crystals on a very wet surface, add inks and then brush off the crystals once totally dry). Coloured rock salt also added to the bottom as an embellishment!
Really enjoyed this, although I did get into a right pickle with the hot glue gun when adding the layers! You know one of those gluey projects when it just seems to go everywhere? This was one of those days!
Right, need to get a squillion pressies wrapped before the little people finish school!
Trish xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, I've been a huge fan of your work in CS for years now. I'm so glad you've got a blog! Loving it! Sam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot Trish.. (Cant sleep so having another snoop lol) x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx