Saturday 8 December 2012

Mistletoe Kisses!

Hello!
I've been trying out new colour schemes for some Seasonal projects..... I'm drawn to silvers and white at this time of year, so wanted a change!
I've been playing with blues and icy greens...
The red was only added at the end once my figure was on there....the red of her jacket and hat was just too much by itself, it needed a little on the background to balance it out!
Painty, textured background...
Puff paint and stamps along with the paint smears...
Splats and a little silver detail here and there added to the background. I used a Tatty Button image (watch out for her in a different guise for my next Creative Expressions DT piece!)
I'm now experimenting with more pale greens, just love the subtle colour!
Stay warm everyone!
Love Trish xxxx









4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Tatty Button and have several, much to my embarrassment, lol. Love the way you've done this but I so agree about the touches of red - such a difference. Lovely work, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree about the colours - they're stunning... more, more, more!! Love how you've created those tiny echoes of the red to balance the figure... gorgeous piece of work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, loving the background colours Trish.

    Hugs, Gez

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is gorgeous! I so love the image xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx