Friday 10 February 2012

Bubbles!!!

I made this tag for a challenge, then got sick and missed the deadline to post it! Still, thought I'd show you as I rather like it!
The tag was painted (surprise surprise!) in shades of blue and purple, then over stamped/printed to give some interest. The bubble circles are simple punched out text paper pieces. They weren't going to have black splats on them, but my fineliner decided to throw up all over one of them! And the weird thing is, once there was one splat, I wanted another and I had a devil of a job trying to get the pen to replicate the mess! Will definitely stick to splat stamps in future rather than the real thing!
The text is done using my trusty Dymo. One day I may share about my Dymo obsession...... I have rather a lot of vintage models, including the holy grail of vintage dymos, a 1630 with a script wheel! (Overshare already...now you all think I'm strange!!!!)
This text was done with a new model though, love the font!!
Love Trish xxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Trish thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your comments. My first visit to your blog and I am blown away. Your artwork is GORGEOUS.. I love, love, love your beads and love of bright colours. My kinda girl!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. Happy crafting. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to say your tag ROCKS!

    I treasure a Dymo from my childhood so we must both be strange!! hehe..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... that is so gorgeous!
    Love that tag: the colors, the dynamic background, it's almost like a structure... beautiful!

    x Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this tag Trish, you make it look easy but I know it isn't.
    As for the Dymos, didn't know they were making them in 1630 ha ha - you must have the oldest one on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the blues on this tag and the grungy style. Real ART !!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx