Wednesday 7 March 2012

woyww144!

Its Wednesday......so its time to hop around the desks of the world looking at a)some gorgeous artwork, b) some fabulous craft spaces, and sometimes even c...some seriously messy desks that make you feel SO much better about your own non-too-tidy space!
You'll need to pop over to visit our leader Julia ,and use that as your starting point! Be warned, you may be some time................
My desk today is my jewellery desk. I'm just about starting a necklace to match a bracelet I did yesterday....
Mostly natural light, so the colours are pretty much true to life. Which can't be said for the pic of the matching bracelet, taken under my photo lights......
The phenomenon that is the good old 'alexandrite effect' strikes again! The purpley-lilac hue totally colour shifts under artificial light, becoming very blue! The crystal on the end of the butterfly is a Swarovski, alexandrite in colour. Exactly the same as the box of them in the front of the main desk pic! Even the round glass beads slap bang in the middle of the main pic go a very pale blue, almost clear colour, as you can see from the third big bead to the left of the butterfly. So weird, and flipping annoying when taking pics when its a bit dark and natural light isn't an option!
Bit of a closeup of another new favourite finding, the butterflies....
Love these, they're gorgeous! Now having to stop myself using them all the time........!!
Have a great WOYWW everyone, thanks for visiting! I'm now off to visit all of you!
Love Trish xx

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and love the beads .Good luck with the rest.
    Have fab Woyww and creative week ahead
    hugs judex 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning and beautiful bracelet. I can see why you would want to use the same colours it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jewellery, I love the colours.
    Have a great week.
    Von #37

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bead colours are lovely, happy crafting

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely load of beautiful beads!! your jewellery is simply stunning, Have a good week, hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of really beautiful beads and such pretty colours :)

    Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Colours and very pretty !
    thanks for passing by enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sooooo pretty! love the colours! the bracelet is gorgeous so I'm sure the necklace will be too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your jewellery and your blog. I'm sat on my new chair looking at all the lovely desks.
    Thanks for visiting mine.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bracelet, I love the colours and I have that same butterfly...Happy WOYWW
    ((Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving all the colours - morphed or not but I know how you feel when a photo tells a fib and you feel like blushing! I know you are not quite a pale pastel gal and will imagine some extra zing to make you feel better! Thanks for sharing with WOYWW? Sarah at 1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Trish - totally beautiful - love the colours and all the different beads. Happy WOYWW! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty, pretty beads ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous bracelet - love the colours. Hope you are having a good WOYWW. Elizabeth x #21

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty picture all those beads make on your desk and I love the resulting bracelet too. These would be just the colours I would choose. Love your butterfly.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #99

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving your pretty beads and charms,have fun and happy crafting,x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness...how gorgeous!

    Breathtaking jewels!

    (Thanks for the tip I was thinking similarly.)

    xxx 125:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful colour selection even under artificial light. I love the little butterfly too. Kate 90 x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those beads are in my favourite colours
    Bridget #57

    ReplyDelete
  20. how nice to see such beautiful colours on what has been a miserable winters day x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely bracelet. The colours are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thisis just beautiful, what lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  23. very organised on your desk, but then you have to be with beads , don't you otherwise you get in a real mess!! lovely colours and cute butterfly
    janet#59

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I'm glad I'm not the only who gets challenged by my photos! Whatever the colours may be the jewellery looks very pretty, I'm always very envious of those who can do this, but my fingers just don't seem to be able to cope with little things - beads are always on the floor!! Not showing my desk today, just being nosey (actually I forgot it was Wednesday, what am I like). TFS Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh, love the beadwork, and that blue melon bead especially!

    Cheers,
    Susan #49

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning beads and I'm sure the necklace will be super just like the bracelet. Take care, enjoy this WOYWW, it's now Thursday & I'm still doing the snooping bit in shifts! Zo xx 60

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really gorgeous creation Trish and those beads are to die for. Such amazing colours - love green and purple together.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice!!!
    I've been making cards in the aqua/teal combos but, seeing the purple with it has inspired me!
    Thanks and hugs!
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are fabulous! sorry to be late getting around, but your blog was certainly worth the stop!

    Join in on my give away if you wish:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! The colours are lovely and the butterfly charm such a pretty touch.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't expect the are too many customers who would mind if you used a butterfly on every piece while you're going through a phase! The beads are gorgeous, am fascinated that they photograph so differently.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are gorgeous! My favourite bead is probably the blue melon one too. Happy (late) WOYWW :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx