Saturday 26 October 2013

Altered Tin!

Hello!
I've just taken part in a fabulous altered tin swap, hosted by the wonderful artist that is Louise (or Zuzu as she's known in crafty circles!) Now that my tin is safely in the hands of the recipient, I can share her on my blog! I made an angel.....
My tin started off as the container for some mini cookie cutters...
I decided to incorporate the tin into an assemblage piece, so I covered it with book pages along with all the other parts of my angel! I then gave everything a wash of gesso to tone down the yellowish of the pages, then added a little brown edging here and there with ink. Then it was time to put everything together! I created arms from wire, and glued them on underneath the wings...
The feet are rolled up strips of paper, twisted into a spiral and then covered with the book pages..
My angels head is a wooden bead, painted and with eyes and cheeks drawn on. Her hair is more book pages...
It's tricky to glue two curved surfaces together, especially when you don't really want lots of glue showing! The way around this is to add a 'collar' , and glue the bead into the centre of it...
The focal point of my angel is the red wire worked heart in the centre. I twisted some wire into a heart shape, then glued it to a book page. The heart was then filled with dyed glossy accents (a drop of Barn Door reinker!)....
I loved making her, and especially liked the minimilist colour scheme I chose to use, a little different from my usual pieces!
Have a great weekend!
Trish xxx







10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning creation! She's fabulous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous, I love it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my she is wonderful, and some lucky person has received her all for themselves. Love her so much am now looking for a tin waiting to be an angel, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...she's a darling Trish, love that glass heart!...Mel:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trish, I LOVE her, great job and I especially love the red heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I luurrve her!! She is adorable, her hair is so sweet & always like (& promptly forget) how you do feet.... The heart is brilliant & you are right, the minimal, monotone colour looks great! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is MINE........
    and i love her. <3

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx