Tuesday 15 October 2013

You're decidedly odd......

Hello!
Do you like a challenge? me too! A brand new challenge is launched today over at A Sprinkle Of Imagination..... a colour challenge! We have a gorgeous picture as inspiration, five colours to play with...

You don't have to use all five though, if you hate any you can leave them out. As long as you use at least three, (plus black or white if you want), then it's all good. My contribution is this little lady...
Yep, it's a little bonkers!
The base for my art doll is a chunky wood ATC. I've added loads of paint and texture all the way around it...
and stamping using black archival ink to give some detail...
I painted up some metal wings I've had in my stash for years (bought to make necklaces with - had a total brain freeze when it came to size and when they arrived they were clearly way too large for jewellery!)
I made a UTEE rose to embellish the front..
and added buttons for feet and a quote from an old book..
I painted a paper ball, and glued to to the top of the ATC. I then added my stamped face, complete with funky specs! She has a crown too, just to make her feel special...
So, I created a weird and colourful art doll, but you could create anything at all!
Why not hop on over to the ASOI creative team blog to have a look at what else the DT came up with, and to link up your own creations? Can't wait to see!
Trish xxxx






5 comments:

  1. Totally bonkers - I LOVE it!!
    How did you make the rose?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! This is just amazing. Love everything about it. The paper head with glasses is brilliant and the color combo is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quirky chunky doll! I too want to know, how'd you make the flower? It doesn't look like paper dipped in Utee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do so like it when you go 'quirky'!! This is absolutely terrific, would love to be able to achieve such a 'bonkers' make. Brilliant! :))

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx