Saturday 12 October 2013

Inspired by....

Hello!
The challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Monday blog this week is to be inspired by the work of the fabulously talented Tammy Tutterow. Tammy has some wonderful projects on her blog, and lots and lots of great tutorials to get the creative juices flowing! I decided to have a play with her 'fused glass pendant' idea, although not using the result as jewellery. I used my piece as an embellishment on this simple canvas...
My small 4" by 4" canvas is a natural canvas, so its brown and hessian like to begin with. More obvious if I show you the sides that I sparingly stamped with Plum archival ink....
Because of the gorgeous tone already there, I didn't do too much by way of adding extra colour! A few splats and smears of brown, black and gold paint! My sun ray effect was achieved by smearing grunge paste through the 'Ray' stencil by Tim Holtz. Love this stencil!
You may just be able to make out the subtle text stamping on the rays themselves, this was done by placing the stencil over the texture paste again once it was dry, then stamping through it. Not much, in this case, I wanted a subtle look, for once! The understated background is really just there to showcase the embellishment, my faux fused glass piece!
Tammys fab tutorial will tell you how to make these! I really like how the UTEE spread beyond the embellishment when I placed it on my craft sheet to cool.... so I left it! A few gold ink splats and a chit chat sticker finished the whole thing off!
I had lots of fun playing with my melt pot to create this, great idea!
Trish xxxx


6 comments:

  1. Hi Trish, your fused glass piece is stunning and sits beautifully against your subtle backdrop. Love the rays and subtle stamping. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Trish! Love the UTEE piece and the texture of the canvas is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...utterly gorgeous Trish, love that red nugget!...Mel:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work of art Trish! Love that stunning heart! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool canvas using Tammy's fused glass technique! I love it! That heart is just stunning and I love the rays coming off of it. Neat design! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly stunning!! Wow! Every part! :))

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx