Monday 28 October 2013

Danse Macabre

Hello!
I'm in deadline hell this week.... two projects due to get posted off on Wednesday. So what have I been doing? Sewing tutus for plastic skeletons! Here is Danse Macabre...
The coffin has been created using a Tando die cut coffin kit ( I cut off the web bit from one of the layers!). The grungy textured effect is very very easy to do, simply paint the glued together coffin black, then add splodges of puff paint randomly all over. Once the puff paint is heated, the raised texture becomes apparent! I then rubbed silver gilding wax over the whole thing to achieve the faux metal look...
My skeleton is a plastic one from the supermarket, painted black and with more gilding wax added. I made a little black net tutu, and a top hat from beads glued together!
He (she???) has a mock feather type boa, and a red UTEE heart just to give that little splash of colour. I hot glued the skeleton in position, in very much a 'Ta Da!' pose!!
This week, the theme over at Simon Says Stamp And Show Monday challenge is 'anything goes'. My slightly bonkers skeleton will fit nicely I think, so I'm linking him (her??) up!
Have a great week everyone!
Trish xxxx


8 comments:

  1. I love your skeleton in het tutu, fantastic . The texture from the puff paint is amazing, I love the effect. Fabulous spooky piece Trish. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now humming Saint Saens "Danse Macabre". i love her tutu lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish! This is SO cool! That skeleton is amazing. And the red UTEE heart is fabulous. I love this! Thanks for joining us this week for the "Anything Goes" Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So she (?) puts all of her heart into her dance - lovely, Trish!

    Sewing the tutu must have been a lot of fiddling but sooo very well worth the cost! A clever and artsy halloween make!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Love everything about it and the heart is just the best and love the Tutu. I have a couple dozen of the skeletons and they are so much fun to work with. Super Halloween project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. designers spotlight picked out your spooky entry for Simon says stamp monday challenge... well done. ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. That is such a cool texture with the puff paint. And I agree that the tutu was worth the time :) Love this really spooky project. Congrats on your win at SSS Monday Challenge.!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trish....your work is always very beautifully done and intriguing. I love it. Congrats on your being selected for our Designer Spotlight at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge. Well deserved! <3 Cnady

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx