Wednesday 29 February 2012

WOYWW143!

Good Morning fellow WOYWW-ers! (and just as good morning to those that don't play, of course!)
If you have no clue as to what I'm on about, hop on over to Julias Blog and have a look at all the hundreds (yes really!) of crafty workspaces that are being shared today! Take a peek or play along, its great fun...
My desk this week.... it's the aftermath of a painty session....
I had finished a magazine project using colours out of my normal comfort zone....namely browns and creams with a smidge of pink thrown in. Actually found I really loved the combo, so carried on with the paint after the project was done to make things for me!! This is the mess afterwards....trial stampings, dirty sponges and all! What did I create? This........
Thought the dots looked a bit rain-like, so out came a stamp I haven't used before, this lady is a KatzelKraft image. Have to admit to altering it a bit..the original image has a big gap in the umbrella handle, so got out my fineline pen and joined up the ends! Do you do that? draw in extra bits to suit yourselves?!!
I also put a teeny point on the top of the brolly......!
Changing the subject..... Last week you may remember I showed you some jewellery sets I made for my friend to choose from? Well, true to form, the 'overwhelm the customer then they'll buy more than they originally wanted' selling psychology worked......she chose two sets! The black and also the dragonfly one which I think was most popular with you lot! Thank you for all of the lovely comments about the jewellery, much appreciated!
OK, busy busy.......lots of desks to go look at!
love Trish xx

21 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for letting us peek this week and I hope the rest of the week gives you some creative time too. That tag is great, I love the colour combination so will look out for it in the magazine!
    Neil #61

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great desk full of lovely messy things. Love your tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your artwork and your busy desk - thanks for the nosey (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this tag, beautiful artwork! love your desk, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tish i often use pens to teek my creations especialy stamps.Loving your tag and the rain effect .The colour combo is fab!Happy wednesday
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, lovely colour combo and I love that image. Yep, I often tinker with images and cut off bits I don't like, etc - especially frames and words and I cut up words all the time. Good to be able to be a bit more versatile and tweaking something is always good, he, he x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that tag, and that's fab you sold both sets of jewellery, they were lovely. Happy Wednesday to you, enjoy your snoop around the oh so creative desks and take care. Zo xx 83

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for sharing your great looking desk! Really productive, fab! Know what you mean about out of our comfort zone sometimes, but it does you good eh! And I must say your results are great! Love the stamp you used!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It can be challenging working in colours you would not normally use but your results are stunning! Happy WOYWWing. Debbie #89

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the browns....although pink takes me out of my comfort zone LOL! It came out fabulous! Yes, I do fill in bits...or add to...my stamped images. This is a really great piece. Thanks for sharing! Have a great WOYWW! -Amanda 80

    ReplyDelete
  11. great busy desk, the tag looks lovely it reminds me of a smoggy victorian london scene. glad you sold more jewellery than you thought
    janet #36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love pink and brown together! Cool tag and thanks for sharing your creative space. thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you have used those colours together! I also add (or subtract) from stamped images when necessary. That's good about the jewellery! Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Howdy,
    Your desk is looking very productive.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Peace,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great that you sold 2 sets...way to go, girl!

    Your tag is neat. I like the swirl of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Well done with the jewellery! I love the tag that came from your playtime, how rewarding to move out of yr comfort zone, enjoy it AND produce something so fine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic tag!!! Love it! I love the paint on it, too!!!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love this and you're right - it's a fab colour combo! Love that stamped image too (hooray an umbrella woman at last!) Sarah at 1 having a late WOYWW peek on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the colors of your desk-the white and green look crisp and clean. also enjoyed seeing your tag. you did a great job stepping out of your comfort zone. dani43

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely creative, crafty work space and I adore your tag, its gorgeous :)

    Have a great weekend, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx