Thursday 16 August 2012

Everyday Journey

Hello!
I'm back after a little blogging break.... a bit of family time was overdue!
I've made another canvas, this time with a more muted, vintage feel for a change!
This is a 5 x 4 canvas, nice and chunky so the sides can be painted/inked too...
I used cream  and mushroom paint as the base, smearing and sponging until I got the effect i wanted. Then onto the printing and stamping with lots of different background stamps and bits of junk...
I added a thin strip of text paper for my lady (100 Proof Press) to stroll along.....and then added a couple of word stickers to finish....
It's difficult to see in the pics, but in reality this is very shimmery as I sprayed the lot with gold mica spray, adding chunks of gold Perfect Pearls to the wet surface after I sprayed. Once the Perfect Pearls become wet, they become paint like in consistency, so dry to a nice shiny textured finish!
I'm linking up to the Frilly and Funkie Get Craft With Canvas Challenge with this project!
Love Trish xxxxx



12 comments:

  1. ...simply beautiful Trish, loVe your soft vintage hues, a stunning chunky piece...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic canvgas Trish, love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've built up the grungy background with your different layers and even bits of pink.... very cool! So glad you joined us this week at Frilly & Funkie, Trish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cool canvas! I love the muted colour scheme, you are just so good with paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh this is stunning! I have that stamp - I saw it in Craft Stamper mag and sent off for it from America straight away I just love it. I haven't used it yet though - how bad is that? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Trish, that’s absolutely beautiful, I love the colour pallet you’ve used.

    If you pop across to My Blog
    you’ll see my first attempt created with my lovely prize……….please be gently with me though!

    Happy Crafting!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the soft vintage neutrals - yet with all that texture and detail there's still so much to draw the eye around the canvas... totally gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage feel here and great image! I love the neutrals and deep browns...really adds to the feel! Glad to see your work! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas! Love all the textures and edges you have happening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of colours & stamps to create this gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful canvas! Love the vintage feel and subtle colors you used! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the muted tones and the vintage feel of this canvas Trish!
    Juliaxx (sorry: I'm on catch up with my blogging!).

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx