Tuesday 21 August 2012

painty texture......

Whilst I love to create texture with papers, die cuts,metal, fabric etc, my first love is creating texture with paint! (yes yes, I know you all probably guessed that by now huh?!!!)
I've made a panel in my favourite colour palette just now, lime, turquoise and white,with a little fuchsia thrown in!
I started off by glueing down some text paper, just to give that little extra interest, and scraped some texture paste through a harlequin stencil....
Once that was dry, I started to add the painty layers. Lots of layers give the opportunity for lots of texture...
As well as the printing with paint, I used a couple of stamps on the background too.... namely 'Bubbles' and 'Bubble wrap' by Sam Poole for Creative Expressions. LOVE the bubbles stamp....
Once the paint had all bubbled up into lots of lovely lumpy bumpy texture, I added my image and text. The wonderfully carefree dancer is from the At The Ballet plate by Creative Expressions, and the text is from the Art Sayings plate (again, Sam Poole/Creative Expressions)
 One of those pieces that is really touchy feely.... you need to stroke it to really 'get' how textured it is! (or is it just me that does that to my art???!!!!!)
Have a fabulous day everyone!
Love Trish xxx





7 comments:

  1. This type of background is what I love about your work! The use of the paste is wonderful and I've so fallen in love with that stuff - thanks to you!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Trish, it is not just you! I would be happily stoking it too. I have just finished a piece after using your wonder DVD and I am so thrilled with it! Going to show it on WOYWW this week. This canvas is beautiful today, love all Sam's stamps and they work so well on your piece, great colours too. Thanks for all your inspiration. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous textured paintiness... and the zingy colours just add to the fun!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your choice of colours and so much texture. I really must have a go at a canvas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s amazing Trish.
    The same colours as my little effort and yet it looks so different.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous texture and palette of colours!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx