Thursday 30 August 2012

Getting VERY inky!!!

I've been sewing ruffles from white muslin, and dying them to match whatever project I'm working on. Experimenting with lots of Distress colours, so consequently my hands are not fit to be seen in public!! Why I can't use gloves, I have no idea.....I get started, get to the seriously messy bit, then think 'oh yeah, gloves.....' Next time I'm going to get the gloves out first and put them somewhere where I can't fail to notice them!
Anyway.... my favourite colour so far HAS to be Picked Raspberry, such a vibrant pink it's silly! I've used my dyed pink ruffle on this...........
I used the rest of the summer colour Distress colours on the piece, so it's all coordinated!
Closeup of the ruffle...
I coloured some bamboo skewers black, then glued on some stamped faces and stars, as a kind of hat!
I twisted some wire to create arms and hands, then hung stars from the hands of my little 'people' !
As I've used the summer distress colours, I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp And Show challenge , which asks for projects inspired by those colours!

Have a lovely day,
Trish xxxxx




8 comments:

  1. A fab make and I LOVE your ruffles! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is an inspired project Trish, I love it and love the colours together too - and another ruffle - brilliant. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, so bright and that dyes ruffle just finishes it off perfectly, I am laughing at what colour your hands are. You are not the only one out there forgetting their gloves. LOL

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. So different and so cool! I have those new colours and adore them, especially the pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deliciously original! And never mind the gloves... I say you should wear your inky fingers with pride!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrific! I love the face so much .. and this fabulous creation with the spoil makes me really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's brilliant Trish and such an ingenious creation too! Love your pink ruffle and the whole feel of your piece. Have a good weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a original piece! Love the colored pieces, and you did the true colors of the summer distress inks justice! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx