Thursday 23 August 2012

Who inspires you?

I'm a messy crafter, totally admit it! And in a typically rebellious manner, I really admire those who craft 'cleanly'......... People who produce work so crisp and elegant that it blows me away! As I'm sure many of us do, I like to have a little play in the style of someone else, just to see if I can. Which leads me to todays creation, a panel totally inspired by Mona Pendleton of Cupcakes Creations ! Love love love her elegant and feminine style, especially as there is often a little painty 'mess' in amongst the gorgeous layers!
So, here is 'hummingbird'..
Embossed stars on the base card, with a little crumpling going on. I glued on a text strip, mainly so the embossed die cut vine showed up!
I tried not to go overboard with the paint.... not easy!
Three rolled roses using dies by MFT. Two painted up before I rolled them, one glittered afterwards!
I decided the left hand side was a bit bare, so I added a twine bow, a little bit painty with a stamped emblem in the middle...
I glued on leaves, to give added dimension I added them to the already raised lower petals of the flowers, rather than sticking them directly to the base card. The final quirky touch was my teeny hummingbird!
The letters are all cut individually from chit chat stickers...palaver doesn't even begin to describe it! I think I lost more than I used!
I think my effort is still messy, and I'm sure I have big problems with 'elegant', but I think I like it!!!
As this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Stamp And Show is 'no rules', I think this fits the bill!
Have a great weekend everyone (lets hope the long bank holiday weekend here in the UK is a nice one!)
Love Trish xxx




14 comments:

  1. Trish this is beautiful love it so pretty and delicate you should do more of it I'm a very messy crafter too
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you have chosen and although a different style I can Stijl find all the textures and grunge feel, another fab piece trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work...shows how versatile you are as a crafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post today made me smile...... I bet Mona looks at your posts and says I wish I could do that... you are both so good at what you do. I don't have any defined style and wish I did! Your card today is stunning, love the flowers and the little bird is delightful. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm sure I like it! Browns and blues, yum... Text strip and die-cut, lovely... Stitching and stencilling, gorgeous... flowers and twine, just lovely! Wonderful piece of elegant (and just delicately messy in places) work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish, your piece is beautiful. I love that shabby, feminine feel that you've so perfectly achieved on this piece. Love the flowers! Those are gorgeous! Love the embossing and the light touches of paint. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your colour scheme!
    Beautiful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trish, thanks for paying me a wee visit. Your panel is gorgeous, fab colours and layers and I love the stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card and the roses are fabulous. thanks for visiting my desk on WOYWW.

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absoultely fabulous artwork Trish. Your flowers are just so divine ♥ My favourite colour combo too!

    Thank you for your sweet comment and for calling.. great to see you again :o)) I appreciate your thoughts. Have fun with the arches, can't wait to see what you come up with, Enjoy the bank holiday weekend. Hugs, Gez xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! should read ABSOLUTELY fabby! I shouldn't try and touch type!!!

    Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally gorgeous. Great idea with the text behind the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so flattered Trish! Thanks for making my day! You inspire me as well with your beautiful crafty work! This project is beautiful! I love the rolled flowers and textured background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx