Thursday 19 January 2012

Bluebird Birdhouse!

The finished birdhouse from yesterdays 'before' picture!!
Bit of background....... Last year, I designed a project for Beads And Beyond magazine called When Happy Little Bluebirds Fly (which you can see HERE ). I used two gorgeous little glass bead birds made by the very talented Les Nixon of Mad Cat Glass , sitting above a seed bead rainbow. They arrived back with me recently, and rather than just putting them in a corner somewhere, I decided to make them a home.....hence the birdhouse!!!!
After the painty start you saw yesterday, I stamped a lot of tissue with text, flourishes and a vine, then attached them with Mod Podge. I made some small paper bunting, and a star to go on top. The birds look very pleased to have a house of their own don't you think?!!
Looks a bit different from yesterday, huh?!!
Love Trish xx

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous...I absolutely love it!!
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Trish, certainly looks different from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Those bluebirds are wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birdhouse looks great and those little birds are gorgeous!!hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and I love the colour combination and those gorgeous bluebird beads. :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx