Sunday 22 January 2012

CR84FN46- Colour challenge time!

I'm determined to get out of my comfort zone as far as colour is concerned, I need someone to challenge me to use colours I wouldn't dream of using normally. Its good to stretch yourself! With that in mind, I was excited to find the CR84FN colour challenges...definitely one to get my teeth into! Have a look at all the info HERE , where you'll also find some gorgeous creations from a lot of talented people!
The current challenge is pale pink, yellow and neutral, which is a REAL departure for me! But that's the whole point isn't it!!!! So......here's what I created....
Canvas board, text paper glued on then smeared with biscuit coloued paint. Yellow and pale pink printing and stamping as background elements, then a large black flourish stamped on top. (Thank goodness black is allowed too!) The children (Paperbag Studios image) were stamped onto tissue, then applied with Mod Podge. A text piece from my box of cut out books was glued on to finish.
Really enjoyed getting the brain cells working on this one, and can't wait for more colour combos to play with !!
Love Trish xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Love it! A super mix of textures, stamping and that line of text is just fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty canvas Trish! Love your mix of textures and that sweet Vintage image! So happy you stepped outside your comfort zone! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I love the way you used the challenge colors. You've created a beautiful background for the images. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, aren't color challenges FUN! Look what a GORGEOUS canvas you created and I LOVE the black as your neutral! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous piece of artwork...FAB!!
    Love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx