Tuesday 24 January 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show -A Song Title

Eek...two posts in one day!
Even vaguely related to the first one, as there is a distinct starry-ness about this one too!
over at Simon Says Stamp And Show , the theme this week is Song Titles...
I created this figure....catching the stars as they fall, and tucking them away in her pocket for safekeeping!
She is made from a painted piece of driftwood, with a stamped pinafore. Her legs were painted with some cheeky stripy tights, and some red shoes.
Her head is a large wooden bead, painted then given some text paper hair! (The red bead necklace is hiding her gluey neck...but don't tell anyone!)
The falling stars have been stamped onto text paper, then cut out and strung on thread to give some movement. Attached to her wire hand at one end, and landing in her red painted patch pocket!
The base is a text covered Art Part spool base, covered in text paper and given a wash of white paint. Around the base is the song title..."Catch a falling Star and put it in your pocket" by Perry Como.
I think she is my new favourite thing.....................!!!

Love Trish xx

8 comments:

  1. Clever idea, I love her stripy tights and pinafore and the stars are perfect. Thanks so much for entering your unique piece into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I think your doll is incredibly done! I love the stars coming out of the pocket! The doll is just darling! Thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Trisha! What a darling project! Love her newspaper print hair! Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is ART!!! Fabulous and so creative! I love it all...the face, hair, neck, colors....wonderful! Thank you for commenting on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this wonderful piece of artwork...simply FAB~U~LOUS!!
    Love Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Trish! Lovely hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Trish, how coolio is this, love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think she's my new favorite thing too. Love everything about her - the cheekiness, the freshness. Looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx