Sunday 29 January 2012

Gingersnap Creations colour challenge-Glorious Greens!

Over at Gingersnap Creations , colour challenge 136 is underway...Glorious Greens!
Now, I adore green, and its generally my fall back colour whenever I get creative. I have been trying very hard to use other colours recently though!!! When I saw this challenge however, I couldn't resist the lure of the green again........!!
I smeared green paint over a cardstock panel, and did a bit of brayering/printing with more paint to add a bit of texture. Alphabet stamps, bottle tops, the edges of credit cards, you name it, it gets painty! I stamped the flourish directly onto the background...
as I needed somewhere for my angel lady to stand! The lady herself is stamped onto tissue then applied with Mod Podge. I didn't want to risk stamping HER directly onto the background in case the detail was lost on the paint texture. A text phrase from a cut up old book was added to finish it off!

I see more green creations on the horizon, loved getting my greens out again!
Love Trish xx

7 comments:

  1. What a great background you've created...gorgeous Trish!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background with all the different textures, fab. I didn't like green until I started crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish, I saw your comment on a friend's blog and popped over for a nose as I didn't realise you had a blog.
    I love your inky creations in Craft Stamper and this one is no exception! A girl after my own heart as I have forever inky fingers lol

    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!
    Thanks for the comment on Flickr, on the ATC.

    I had a look at your blog, and voila, I am a follower now.. so much inspiration here for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely green card! You got my attention at the Gingersnap challenge, I like this style :)

    hmm having problems with the word verification, probably the combinatin with my wordpress account. Signing with name and url then :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely background and I live green too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx