Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!!!

First day of 2012, and I'm starting as I mean to go on......been in the studio most of the day creating!!!
Discovered all kinds of things....like glossy accents takes all the colour out of dried violets! Who knew?!
Still can't show you any of todays art (wait for the April edition of Craft Stamper!),
so here is something I made before Christmas, and seems very apt on this day of new starts and great hopes for the coming year.....

Text paper on a wooden dyptich, overpainted with green, turquoise and purple paint then a stamped image added. The stars are my new favourite thing, acetate die cuts used as a mask, once removed the text shows through nice and clear. Outlined in thin black pen!
Head is buzzing with lots I want to get done this week, so plenty more to show you soon!
Trish xx

3 comments:

  1. Love it Trish, I was in my studio this morning looking at one of these wooden dyptich and wondering where to start! What an inspiration you are. Sounds corny but true! Wishing you a happy, healthy and crafty 2012, Sam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the inspiration & good luck with your boggy endeavor! As someone who's relatively new to all things crafty, blogs like yours are invaluable! Thanks for all the hard work.. You are truly appreciated!
    In the beginning of October you posted an ATC with a stamped image of a little girl in a hat.. She looks just like my baby Kaela. Would you please let me know who makes her. I've searched all the usual suspects & can't find her.
    Thanks again
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the kind words!!!
    The girl in hat stamp is a Paperbag Studios image, you can get it on its own or part of a plate!
    T xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx