Saturday 14 January 2012

Revamped......

I made this canvas board piece last summer.......
Didn't really like it for some reason, too big for the images, too much blank space etc etc etc. So I decided to revisit it, rework and add bits to see if I could make it better. Here is the revamped piece......
I made it darker by adding more teal paint, put the stars in to fill up some space, and stamped more flourishes. The good thing is that once you've added images using the Mod Podge / tissue method they effectively become glazed.(Even if its a matt finish) Because of this, you can get paint over the top of them and still wipe it away if you're quick! Yes I know I should really mask off the images, but I'm a tad lazy sometimes!
Closeups.....
I definitely like it better now!
Love Trish xx

2 comments:

  1. I liked the first in a "oh thats quite nice" sort of way... but yeah now you have changed it.. its more like ."OOO that IS nice"....

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx